The Events & Social Media department is currently looking for friendly and fun-loving individuals who are able to contribute their energy and free time into potentially becoming a member of our team! Are you looking to apply your creativity, knowledge of SWG/Star Wars in general into unique and positive ways that can bring the community together? Are you a passionate, communicative, and level-headed team player? These are just some of the important qualities we look for in those seeking to join the Events team.
As a member of the Events & Social Media team, your personality will always need to be in the forefront in whatever you do. Whether it’s engaging with the player base across our social media platforms, hosting an in-game event, or putting out written work; everything you do is a representation of this project. We want your passion for Star Wars and SWG to resonate with that.
Basic writing and communication skills are a must. The Events & Social Media team help with writing and editing a large bulk of the written work that goes out on behalf of the project as well as drafting event plans for our team to read, so being able to read and write clearly is very important.
Listed below are some of the responsibilities of an Events Team member:
- Contribute work on Friday Features/Player Spotlights
- Editing and proofreading of various written works (including those above)
- Properly draft event ideas/concepts and execute them in-game
- Promoting Community Events
- Engaging with the community on Social Media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Assisting with the upkeep of forum threads and other documents
- Judging the Galactic Homeshow
- Help with New and Returning Player Events
A few things to know before you decide to send an application:
- Anyone applying for this position must be able to contribute a minimum of 10 hours a week to the role
- Your account has been with us for at least 6 months
- Please include your discord handle in the Questions/Comments section of the application (Discord is a requirement)
- If you would like to know a little more, you can view our Friday Feature - Exploring The Role: Events & Social Media here
You may send your applications here.
May the force be with you,
The SWG:Legends Team