There are many players amongst the Community with detailed knowledge of the many aspects of this wonderful game we all call home, but have you ever considered using that vast experience and detailed knowledge to help improve and progress the Project?? We are looking for dedicated individuals that are able to contribute some of their free time to potentially become a member of the Quality Assurance team.
As a member of the QA team you will need to be a methodical individual, who is capable of remaining calm and collected in sometimes challenging situations. Familiarity with the various in-game systems of the game, such as quest lines, basic mechanics of professions, combat mechanics and collections to name but a few. A basic technical knowledge of SWG such as familiarity with scripting is desirable, but not essential. Most importantly, you must be happy testing new content several times through different revisions and be comfortable knowing what is to come in future releases, ahead of your friends and the community.
Below are some of the listed responsibilities of a QA Team Member:
- verifying bug reports from players
- finding the root causes to bugs and problems
- trying to suggest fixes to the development team
- create workarounds ingame for known bugs until they are fixed
- testing bugfixes and all development changes
- approving the changes after testing and before rollout to our live server Omega
- helping the CSR team with ingame problems and tickets
We do ask that anyone that is interested in applying for this position is able to contribute at least 10 hours of free time per-week to the role. If you are interested in the role then follow the link below and complete an application form and we’ll be in touch you.
May the force be with you,