The nominations are in and the candidates for election to the Eighth Galactic Senate are ready to be announced! So without further ado, your candidates are:
ACCOUNT NAME / DISCORD NAME:
- Kallas / Kallas
- Eoniwi / Busted Veins#4149
- Doomrider / doomrider
- Aerkin / Aerkin#3858
- Corren / Corren -FFS- (Dant 1339 -6058)#9823
- Fordaith / fordaith
- LexingtonSteele / LexingtonSteele#4171
- Sy-Lana / Ruthless#8818
- Calarian / Cal
- SplinterStrike / SplinterStrike#4196
- TheStargazers / At0mXII
- Vladislaus / Vladislaus
- StoneCutter / StoneCutter
- DarthThysma / telnira(Egas/Ealas)#3794
- Kewarra / Kewarra / Shredmaster#0832
- Srynna / Srynna#1643
- Keval / GiraffeKing#3333
- Nikal / Herhusk#1624
- WookieeJedi / Trandoshan#1928
- Odium / Odium_Hector#2212
- Nerifes / Nerifes#0765
Unfortunately, the following nominees were rejected for the reasons specified below:
ACCOUNT NAME / DISCORD NAME:
- Eess / Jef - Poor disciplinary record over the last 6 months.
- Tstarma / Wombraider - Poor disciplinary record over the last 6 months.
- Chickentenders / ARLISS#2587 - Poor disciplinary record over the last 6 months.
- Daneti / Daneti#3073 - Nominee was substantially inactive, last major activity was Sept 2019. Additionally, after leaving staff he leaked confidential CSR-related documents and information in another Discord which raises confidentiality concerns for works carried out under the Senate NDA.
- Redscorpion / redscorpion - Consistent disruptive behaviour within the Senate to the extent a large number of Senators and Staff will no longer interact with him, thereby jeopardising the work of the Senate.
It is with great regret that we have taken the decision to block Redscorpion from running for re-election and this decision was taken only after considerable discussion amongst staff. Whilst Redscorpion's enthusiasm for the project and his work on the Senate is evident, because of his general attitude and behaviour his continued presence in the Senate Program would in our view seriously hinder the future work of the Senate - we have received representations from half the current Senate asking us to intervene and a significant number of staff have also indicated they would be unable to continue working with the Senate if he was to continue in office.
Blocking any player from running for the Senate is not a decision we take lightly, in past elections the few players we have blocked have admitted themselves to making troll nominations or have stated publically they are doing so to deliberately cause disruption. We have always used the staff veto sparingly and only after great debate but in this instance we feel the positive benefits of his exclusion will ultimately outweigh the negatives.
The Election Begins!
Polls open on Friday 14th February and campaigning will begin in earnest from this date! Good luck to all our candidates and we hope the community does its usual excellent job of giving them all a good grilling over the next two weeks! We will also be releasing the voting statistics for the current Senate on Friday as well.